Consanguinamory Writers' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone

3 posters

Go down

Hi Everyone Empty Hi Everyone

Post by Jane Doe Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 pm

Most of you here probably know me already! I'm Jane Doe, one of the admins from Kindred Spirits.

Good forum you've started here Smile Only one question... will you be allowing discussions of fanfiction on here or just original fiction? I've got a semi-shelved project involving a GSA bro/sis couple (where they don't even know that they're related at first), set in the Legend of Zelda universe.

Jane Smile

Jane Doe

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty Re: Hi Everyone

Post by Unowen Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:00 pm

Jane, good to see you here!

Can't speak for Solder-Sorcerer, but I think that would fit here. BTW, I believe Soldier goes by blackroseheart on KS.

Best,
UN
Unowen
Unowen

Back to top Go down

Post by soldier-sorcerer Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Jane Smile It's good to see you here!

This forum is for original characters only. It's important to keep that focus because there are a lot of people out there who write fanfiction and many places already cater to fanfiction.

However, if your characters are original but their setting is an existing world (like Legend of Zelda universe, Star Wars universe, etc) I think we can make an exception for those types... since you'd still be building your own characters.

You can also talk about ships or fandom stuff in the fandom forum section and you can link to your writing through a post there, but the material submitted here must involve original characters.
soldier-sorcerer
soldier-sorcerer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Doe Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Understood. Mine doesn't contain any original characters I'm afraid. The story I'm writing is an accidental incest story in the Ocarina of Time timeline. Link feels a strong attraction to Malon, who he was friends with in childhood. They start dating and want to marry once Hyrule is rid of Ganondorf, but they later discover that they're actually brother and sister. In canon, Talon owns Lon-Lon ranch and has a daughter, Malon... but the mother is never mentioned or present. The only other person at the ranch is Ingo, who later cheats Talon out of the ranch. Link was raised as Kokiri because he was brought to the forest by his mother who had been mortally injured during a brief war with the Gerudo. Link had only just been born, and knew nothing about his birth mother except what was revealed to him by the Deku Tree. His mother passed away, and Link was kept safe in Kokiri forest. I'm staying true to the canon with two exceptions: Links mother was Talons wife, and Malon around a year older than Link. I'm going to have the all knowing Deku Tree sprout make the big reveal when Link takes Malon into Kokiri forest for a romantic getaway. The second exception is that my version of Malon is so enraged by Ingos treachery that she quits her job at the ranch and is a travelling merchant... they bump into each other again for the first time at the foot of death mountain (which is a scene I've placed after the water temple but before the shadow temple in the game).

So no, it doesn't qualify in any way as an original story, it's most definitely a fanfiction. When I've finished my fic, I'll be uploading it to fanfiction.net most likely (after I make an account there), and I'll be posting it on KS. So I can link to the KS thread or FFN.

Jane Doe

Back to top Go down

Post by soldier-sorcerer Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Yes, of course you can leave a link here on the fandom section to your fanfiction. I'm sorry the rules need to be this way but it's so this place can be different than the other places that already exist. If you ever want to write original characters that are all your own you are welcome to bring the writing here. Smile
soldier-sorcerer
soldier-sorcerer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum