Consanguinamory Writers' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

2 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by Lance Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:34 am

Writing about incestuous characters.

Aunt Carol calls this "99 and 44/100 percent true." (Proper nouns are pseudonyms, no exact dates.)

Someone sent me a copy of a poll or a questionnaire the other day. (Contrary to Lewis Carrol’s assertions there really are “other days.”) Mom taught me well, I usually rewrite polls and questionnaires because more often than not I find that they don't fit me or my family. I’m Lance, polyamorous, consanguinamorous, and quite happy in my life with Anna and Polly, my sister Diane, my cousin Dale and my aunt Olivia. We run a big organic farm, a transportation company, and a little resort. In my fiction, all are located on a volcanic rock in the Caribbean south of Cuba that Cristóbal Colón named the Isle of Pines on his second voyage in 1494, the nation of New Catalonia.

Lita is my mother, she edits stories that my Aunt Carol writes. Carol is Anna and Polly’s mom. Harry, who is Carol’s brother, is my father. Polly and Anna’s father is Vern. Polly and Anna are therefore my first-cousins as well as the mothers of my children. Harry is married to Geri. Vern is married to Lynne. Lita and Carol married once they were legally permitted to. That "basic human right" was very important to them. I won't marry Anna or Polly and not the other. All six of the older generation - Harry, Vern, Lynne, Carol, Geri, and Lita - are polyamorous lovers, as are the six members of my generation - Dale, myself, Anna, Olivia, Diane, and Polly. Olivia and Diane are the mothers of Dale’s children. It works nicely for us.

Returning to that survey, the first question was, “Why do you think people ship incest?” I guess I’m getting old, I had to look up the poll’s use of the word “ship.” (To support two people being together romantically.) The questionnaire specifically asked about consensual like-aged brothers and sisters, but I figured it should apply to like-aged first-cousins, and like-aged aunts as well. I’m not going to bore you by repeating the questions - I'll just offer the "executive summary." So here goes.

Like every other human being my soul desires to be loved. Some people see incest as being forbidden, obviously, I don’t, but it is titillating. Some call it “the last taboo,” I think that statement speaks to its real appeal. It’s different, yet familiar, unlike many types of non-traditional sexual relationships it can have a beautiful symbiotic potentiality. When reciprocated, love for someone who you don’t have to maintain pretenses with can be absolutely amazing. We grew up together, we know every potentially embarrassing thing about each other, and love each other because of not in spite of what we know.

There are many reasons why incest is not accepted, it isn’t open to everyone, it’s terribly anti-democratic, elitist and smacks of nepotism. The double bond of someone being both family and lover can be both impossible to break and impossible to break in through. The issue of reproductive risk is horribly overblown. Perversely this appeals to some, it’s like a roller-coaster, thrilling without much actual danger. There are many known risk factors that pollute the human gene pool. Our physical environment brings possible genetic damage from alcohol, drugs, pharmaceuticals, smoking, chemicals, bacteria, microbes, heavy metals, and radiation. Consanguinity may bring two individuals with the same flaw together, but no more than growing up next door does.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Admin Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm wondering what you meant by the words
Lance wrote:" The issue of reproductive risk is horribly overblown. Perversely this appeals to some, it’s like a roller-coaster, thrilling without much actual danger."

Why do you say "perversely" here? If it appeals to some to know that there is not that much danger (low risk), that's not perverse. It might be called perverse if someone did something for the "thrill" of a high risk. I didn't really get your logic there.

As for incest being "anti-democratic, elitist and smacks of nepotism" I think that strictly only applies to scenarios where consent is not respected, maybe multi-generation situations where it's turned into some kind of tradition. That's not the kind of thing we're talking about here. Consensual incest always respects individual choice. It is the opposite of anti-democratic ideas, elitism and nepotism.

Anyway, so if what you want to write is mostly fiction, then you are welcome to post in the other sections of the forum that you will see once you log in.

If you want to mention a piece of writing that is non-fiction, please mention or link to it in the non-fiction section specifically... And please read all the rules so you know the rules.

Also, I'm the one who made the poll and this forum (I'm rainbowamory on Tumblr, I'm soldier-sorcerer and Admin on here). I understand that the poll did not cover all possible areas, however, the poll itself was pretty open to everyone... it wasn't limited to just cousin or sibling pairings in fiction. It was for any kind of consensual incestuous pairing that people were writing, including poly relationships. This forum is dedicated only to cousin and sibling pairings in fiction. But the poll itself was for any pairing that people were writing about...

As you can see, this place is kind of dead because there's not many people here. But you can still post what you want. If someday it ever has more people, it might become active someday.

Welcome.

Admin
Admin

https://consang-fiction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance (TruPolyHonestCos) Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Admin wrote:I'm wondering what you meant by the words
Lance wrote:" The issue of reproductive risk is horribly overblown. Perversely this appeals to some, it’s like a roller-coaster, thrilling without much actual danger."

Admin wrote:Why do you say "perversely" here? If it appeals to some to know that there is not that much danger (low risk), that's not perverse. It might be called perverse if someone did something for the "thrill" of a high risk. I didn't really get your logic there.
One definition of perverse is "contrary to the expected" (OED) IMHO the thrill in skydiving is derived because the rational part of the brain knows that parachutes almost always open and you are wearing two of them. The reptilian part of the brain that is being stimulated says "looks like we are going to die here," and dumps endorphines.

Admin wrote:As for incest being "anti-democratic, elitist and smacks of nepotism" I think that strictly only applies to scenarios where consent is not respected, maybe multi-generation situations where it's turned into some kind of tradition.
We have been accused of grooming many times. By morons who see the world as binary and then unwittingly cite a trinary example. Parents really have three choices, (1) to teach the 'company line' and react to what their children do and provide the societally accepted reaction (our supplemental position, we do this for informational purposes, understanding the potential consequences is a good thing), (2) to teach a more individual 'line' and to react to what their children do and provide an individual reaction (our first and normative course of action) (3) leave it to others and ignore the consequences (anathema).

The sub-moronic state likes option 3. The result has been an economic decline, poverty, teenaged suicide, pregnancy, unnecessary elective human abortions, abandoned children, gangs, crime, mental illness. BUT HEY LETS DO MORE OF THE SAME AND IT WILL GET BETTER!

3 is the definition of neglect. Its a false dichotomy -- you are bad -- either a groomer or a neglecter.

Children who are loved and respected as morally responsible individuals and grow up in a wonderful environment tend to emulate those who raised them and create a familiar reflection of their upbringing as a parent I can think of no greater referendum on my efforts.

Before I proceed I want to clarify that we don't push anyone, we respect the individual and with minors, we don't provide information that is not age-appropriate. I am also an airplane pilot, when I was a child a person could get a pilot's license, married, and a driver's license at 16 years of age. The lying (we support marriage by making it more difficult) nanny state has raised the age to obtain the first two to 18, has effectively raised the third to 17. and is working on increasing it.

So everyone I am talking about is over 18.

I was raised in an intentional community -- an extended polyamorous family and I continue to live in that community with my five stable lovers. Growing up, my mother had six stable lovers and four other occasional ones. She had a romantic and sexual relationship with her biological sister and several first-cousins, all of them were no more distant than third-cousins. My biological father -- I was lucky, I had four "dads" -- is her first cousin. My first sexual partner -- and one of the five today -- is my biological sister. Three others are first-cousins. The fifth is biologically my mother's younger half-sister who is the same age that we are. Two of my first-cousins are the mothers of my children.

That is my reality.

Was our Prime Minister (Justin Trudeau) or the Queen groomed, how about John Ritter, Jennifer Anniston, Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez? Any member of aristocracy or a wealthy family? Which is a segway to

Admin wrote:That's not the kind of thing we're talking about here. Consensual incest always respects individual choice. It is the opposite of anti-democratic ideas, elitism, and nepotism.

If the state and society weren't being disingenuous, they would be insane. I live in a country -- don't get me wrong its a nice place, elsewhere I would be tortured and murdered for saying these things -- where the titular and functional heads of state are the scions of political dynasties and they oppose incest.

Oh, not for THEM, just for COMMONERS. My ancestors left Europe at a time when the Catholic Church basically banned everything and sold indulgences to the wealthy and politically powerful. THE SAME WAY OUR GOVERNMENT SELLS "EXCEPTIONS TO POLICY."

Incest is elitist -- it nepotism on steroids, it puts your family first, you can get your kids in by marriage but you cannot ever get in yourself. It is anti-democratic -- the shareholders and Board of Directors make the decisions -- not the voters or rank and file. This isn't a bad thing. In the USSR millions starved to death when workers committees made economic, industrial, and agricultural decisions somewhat democratically.

Admin wrote:Anyway, so if what you want to write is mostly fiction, then you are welcome to post in the other sections of the forum that you will see once you log in.

If you want to mention a piece of writing that is non-fiction, please mention or link to it in the non-fiction section specifically... And please read all the rules so you know the rules.

I am happy to talk about my real-life family, but I don't write non-fictional stories because I can't do the story and my family justice. My mother and one of her lovers do together. They post them along with their fiction. But its hard, reality is multi-faceted and sites tend to be very specifically focused. Someone once asked her why she wrote so many short stories, her answer was that with each additional word written there are more people who will object to the content. Her long stories weren't published, broken into pieces they were albeit at different places.

I have written a few fictional pieces that are based on simplified parts of my reality. I'll put a couple up and see how it goes.

Admin wrote:Also, I'm the one who made the poll and this forum (I'm rainbowamory on Tumblr, I'm soldier-sorcerer and Admin on here). I understand that the poll did not cover all possible areas, however, the poll itself was pretty open to everyone... it wasn't limited to just cousin or sibling pairings in fiction. It was for any kind of consensual incestuous pairing that people were writing, including poly relationships. This forum is dedicated only to cousin and sibling pairings in fiction. But the poll itself was for any pairing that people were writing about...

As you can see, this place is kind of dead because there's not many people here. But you can still post what you want. If someday it ever has more people, it might become active someday.

Welcome.

Lance (TruPolyHonestCos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down