Consanguinamory Writers' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aunt/Nephew or Uncle/Niece Pairs

Go down

Aunt/Nephew or Uncle/Niece Pairs Empty Aunt/Nephew or Uncle/Niece Pairs

Post by soldier-sorcerer Wed May 08, 2019 9:57 pm

This is a kind of odd post but I came across someone's drawing of Jon and Daenerys on Tumblr and it reminded me of something. When making this forum in the beginning, I did wonder if we should be open to Aunt/Nephew or Uncle/Niece pairs that are close in age.

Seeing that image also reminded me of this person that once posted in the full marriage equality blog. She was a woman in a relationship with her nephew but they were close in age. So, it was different than what people typically imagine when they think of that kind of pairing (e.g. big age gap). In that instance, there was a small age gap... apparently she didn't feel accepted in other communities, such as the community for cousin couples. That's not surprising due to the rules of that community, but I thought it was sad and rude of that community to leave her out.

I'm not going to judge people in age gap relationships either, so this is not me trying to say age gap is bad and only those close in age should be together or anything like that. It's just that, in this instance, I feel the couple's dynamic would actually not be that distinguishable from a cousin relationship, or a sibling one if they grew up together.

I believe that all fiction has merit, so if this forum's focus leaves some types of pairings out, it's not to pass judgment on those types, but rather to focus the forum's themes on certain dynamics that may have similarities.

Relationships with large age gaps might have less of a resemblance to common cousin or sibling dynamics, but there might be a sort of grey area when it comes to Aunt/Nephew and Uncle/Niece pairs with a small age gap. This was partly why I considered making the forum open to that. I don't think right now is the time (because this place isn't active still) but if it ever grows, I may consider this in the future...

So, I just wanted to say that here. Aunt/Nephew and Uncle/Niece pairings seem to be a very unique type, and I believe the dynamics may still be similar to cousin or sibling pairs when the age gap is small.
soldier-sorcerer
soldier-sorcerer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum